Current Job Openings
For the 2023/24 School Year we have openings for School Principal, Upper Elementary Teacher, Kindergarten Enrichment, Preschool and After School. Please scroll down to see the descriptions for each position.
Click here for an application for the principal, elementary teacher, enrichment teacher or preschool teaching positions. Please return completed application and Christian testimony to email@example.com .
Click here for an application for the after school and recess aid positions. Please return completed application and Christian testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org .
School Principal – A qualified candidate is someone who loves the Lord and feels called to the ministry of Christian Education. They will have a master’s degree and hold a South Dakota administrator’s certificate or be able to obtain one.
Successful applicants should demonstrate an active, growing relationship with Jesus Christ. They will have strong communication skills to engage with teachers, students, and families. Candidates will be aware of up and coming educational trends and have an appreciation for the proven methods of the past. Candidates will offer support and resources for school faculty and staff.
Candidates will also have the ability to lead out in the following ways:
- by leading staff in the school’s instructional process
- by regularly reviewing curriculum
- by preparing the annual curriculum order
- by leading staff in knowing and using the FACTS Student Information System
- by planning professional development for staff and faculty
- by preparing and implementing the annual standardized testing
- by assisting teachers with parent conferences
- by conducting regular teacher observations and evaluations
- by helping recruit and hire personnel
- by daily living a committed life to Christ
- by communicating with current and potential students academic and conduct expectations
- by creating and maintaining the weekly “Specials Schedule” for K-5th Grade
- by touring prospective families
- by maintaining accurate and up to date school records
- by providing guidance and direction to office staff
- by working with the school’s Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF)
- by assisting in the calendar process
- by coordinating substitutes when staff/faculty is gone
- by reviewing school policy and procedures and suggesting changes when necessary
- by communicating with the school administrator about situations and needs
Elementary Teacher – Applicants must have outstanding classroom management skills and the ability to create a biblically-based, engaging, and vibrant learning environment for students. Responsibilities include working with a partner teacher to prep lessons, teach, and lead students toward mastery learning in all content areas. Calvary has been serving families in the Rapid City area since 1983 and currently serves students in PreK3 through 5th grade. Applicants must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christlike love for children and their families, and wholehearted support for the school’s mission, purpose, and Statement of Faith and Conduct.
Computer Teacher – This part-time position interacts with all grade levels, Kindergarten – 5th Grade on a weekly basis. The teacher is responsible for classroom management, and leading the students through age appropriate computer lessons. During class you will work with students to learn computer basics, keyboarding and the Microsoft Office Suite. Applicants must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christlike love for children and their families, and wholehearted support for the school’s mission, purpose and Statement of Faith and Conduct.
Preschool Teacher – This part-time morning position is to work with our 3 and 4 yr old Preschoolers. Working as a part of our Preschool team, you will have your own classroom to teach using the provided curriculum. Applicants must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christlike love for children and their families, and wholehearted support for the school’s mission, purpose and Statement of Faith and Conduct.
After School Care worker – The qualified candidate will love the Lord and kids and be at least 16 years of age. This position is from 2:45 – 5:45pm on days that Calvary is in session. We are flexible to work with High School students coming after they are out of class. We have openings for 1 day up to 5 days a week. Responsibilities include helping serve a snack, helping with homework and supervising activity times.
Recess Aide – This part time position will help with recess during the lunch time, 11:00 -1:00. Responsibilities include leading students from the lunch room to the recess area, watching over recess activities and maintaining safety on the playground.